If life gives you lemons…add lavender and make pink lemonade! This is one of our favorite, summer time recipes to easily infuse lavender into your life.
- Ice Cubes
- Cold Water
- 2 cup Hot Water
- 1/4 cup Dried Lavender Leaves OR 2 TBSP of Dried Lavender Flowers (The dried lavender flower buds are much stronger, so you won’t need as much!)
- 6-10 Lemons
- 3/4 cup White Sugar (Avoiding white sugar? Try sweetening with Lavender Honey, Agave, or Coconut Sugar instead!)
- Fill a pitcher with ice cubes.
- Place Dried Lavender (leaves or buds (using flowers will turn your lemonade a lovely shade of lavender pink) into a bowl and cover with hot water allowing to steep until desired potency (usually 10 minutes).
- Strain the lavender.
- Mix in your sweetener and transfer the hot lavender water into the pitcher of ice cubes.
- Juice your lemons (a plastic manual juicer works great!) and add the fresh juice to the pitcher.
- Add your cold water.
- Sample as you go to get the desired sweetness and lemon flavor you want.
Now get ready to make another batch, because the first one goes quick!